February 24, 2008

Death with Dignity: Letting Your Houseplant Go


Sometimes, a green thumb is a mixed blessing. I don't like to purposefully neglect plants, but sometimes I just have to. They are out of season, they aren't supposed to even be living, but because I'm pretty good with plants, they still live. Though they may not thrive. Take for instance the Christmas poinsettia I bought to decorate during the festivities. I bet that if you had one, yours is dead. As it should be. They are raised in green houses to be pretty for a little while, but not hearty. But ours keeps hanging on. The pot is way too small. I should probably just put it out on the back porch and ignore it for a long time, let it die a quiet dignified death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...