March 21, 2008

Speed Reading for Fun

Much to Jesse's chagrin, I've finished Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. It's over 1000 pages. I think I started it on Monday. Maybe that's why I haven't been blogging lately.

And am I the only one who gets testy when I finish a book? I have withdrawals from reading. I get cranky at the kids for not cleaning up after themselves (like I've been doing anything this week). The sweetest thing Jesse gave me for Valentine's Day was books. He gave them even though he knew that I'd be useless until I finished them. Now that's love.

1 comment:

  1. I am the same when I finish a book. Because you put so much time into it. You essentially cultivate a relationship with that book. And then suddenly it has nothing left to offer you, even after all you gave to it, even after all you've neglected in your real life. Nothing. And I know there are more of us. My cousins Daisy and Brittney, and my friend Alise have described the exact same symptoms. And I think Daisy just read Pillars of the Earth.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...