June 11, 2008

Shoes


I've been thinking about shoes. Probably because I haven't bought a pair since I crammed my feet into my Muji boots. Size 25, the largest shoe size readily available, roughly 8.5. One full size smaller than my feet. Anyway. I'm looking forward to some new shoes when I get back to the states. I'm looking forward to leaving my kids with my mom and spending hours at Ross.

I've been inspired by the fashionable footwear I see on EVERYONE here in Tokyo. I feel like such a putz with my dorky shoes, but what's a sized 9.5 gal to do? Did I mention my feet are super wide, too? Right. So sexy slinky footwear is a joke. But that doesn't mean my toes have to be so boring. I love making a fashion statement with footwear. Probably because I dress fairly conservatively. I do love my Born sandals, but would love something less chunky, more feminine. Since heels are pretty much out of the running, I think fun and funky flats are the way to go.

4 comments:

  1. My feet would die in Japan. I'm a size 10! I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of those shoes you pictured. Love. We can't wait for you to come back home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red ones. Nothing brightens your day like a pair of red shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute shoes! I made a mental note to myself, if I ever live in Japan, bring lots of footwear. I'm with Rena, as a size 10.5 I would be considered a freak of nature.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...