February 23, 2010

Movie Fan

My dad is a great fan of movies. I spent a lot of my summer vacations watching musicals, foreign films, and westerns. When all the other mormon kids were sitting out "The Graduate" junior year because of its R rating, I figured watching it one more time wasn't really going to make a difference in my spiritual progression.

My dad also taught me to watch Siskel and Ebert if I really wanted to learn about films. I know I didn't understand them that well, but I knew that they sure had a fun time doing their job. So it was with great pleasure that I saw this article on Roger Ebert in Esquire magazine. Read how the wordsmith still speaks without his voice.

1 comment:

  1. He can talk again. Some company in Europe (I think) makes electronic voices. Since Ebert has so much of his voice recorded, they made it sound just like his voice. I saw him and his wife on a TV special about it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...