August 30, 2010

Here We Are

Finalmente. We're back to normal. Instead of hanging out together, we're on our separate computers. Gotta love having the internet at home.

We're mostly moved in. We still have one room that defies order. Maybe that can be my Friday Fun.

Indiana is quite an experience. People are nice. Totally miss our friends from everywhere else. Making some pretty awesome friends here. It is nice to semi-reinvent myself each time we move, though a bit exhausting. After a month or so, I would pay good money (and probably will) to be with family.

We have a/c here. We run it. It's HOT. I miss breezes. (most of the windows in our house are painted shut, not that there are breezes to feel if they did open.) And it's horridly humid. Think Hawaii minus the clean ocean water and trash pickup just once a week. Sticky grossness.

Jesse is busy again. The always have something that needs to be done but not enough time to do it busy. Teaching three new classes, applying for jobs, and contemplating writing can do that. He's such a sport.

I leave you with pictures of my new kitchen. My 1970's enamelware and tupperware fit perfectly in my 1970's kitchen. Red and orange look so good in a white kitchen with green cupboards. This one is teeny tiny with no room to maneuver around, and not enough storage space. I'm so hard to please.

4 comments:

  1. We had those same canisters when I was a kid -- ah, the memories. Glad you have AC, I am familiar with the heat of which you speak. Here's to finding a permanent job in a less extreme climate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that you are settling in- We had the orange containers as well! I had no idea that Indiana was humid, I assumed it was dry like Idaho- I am sure autumn will bring relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that jesse is contemplating writing. we miss you too. christmas in hawaii?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love those canisters!
    the funniest thing, i was sifting through some old craft stuff that Shanes mom gave me that used to belong to her mother, and i found a 1981(and in very good condition, until my kids got a hold of it) Tupperware catalog. And in that catalog on the very first page were these exact canisters!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...