November 30, 2010

Failed FHE

I had the brilliant idea to have the kids write their portion of the Christmas letter last night for FHE.  Here's what they came up with.
"Der EvreBate
I strtid scorl
my vere best
frend hr nam
is Ady!
I hop you
are booing
grd love gwyn
I slep in the adic it is fun"

And
"Dear, everybody
in Maine
we ate a Lobster dinner
We moved to indanana!
it's suppposd to snow
in the winter
but so far it has been
disapointing.
we got a christmas
tree.  I'm in third Grade with the best teacher in the world. Yea."

Jesse's letter is all about anything fun he's done in the past year; hikes, kayak trips, exercise.  My portion is the least exciting with a list of what I like and what I don't like.  Hm.  I think the editing fairy
needs to make a visit to our home and whip us up a decent letter. 

2 comments:

  1. No, you've got it all wrong. Even if what was produced wasn't awesome, we hung out and had fun, FHE was a success. The Christmas letter, on the other hand, still need some work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! it's so fun when kids try to write stuff. gives you an insight to how they hear things
    i still haven't even started ours. what i really need to do is make our advent calendar.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...