February 21, 2011

Happy President's Day

I don't remember a lot of political talk growing up.   But I do remember this book.  And wishing that Jack and Jackie would take me sailing with them.

I had a Kennedy fascination that had everything to do with that book.  I remember watching a made for tv mini-series about the Kennedys.  And being even more enthralled than ever. 

So on this President's Day, I salute Lion Books and the first president I ever met through them.  When my mom had us go through our books this summer, I snatched this one and held it tight.  I'm glad that there are people who want to be president.  I'm glad that we get to vote for that person.  I'm glad that people write books for kids about politics.  Because kids should be glad, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...