July 11, 2008

Nippori

I've been feeling a little down over here. Most of my friends have left for the summer, I look at the apartment and all I want to do is pack it all up, but we're not leaving that soon. It's hot. I've been to tons of museums, temples, parks, even done a fair amount of shopping. But when I looked at my calendar, I realized I hadn't made it to Nippori, the fabric district.

So, with little G in hand yesterday, I made a trip over to Tomato. I've done a bit of fabric shopping, but not at a store so large. It was actually a problem for me because I was so overwhelmed by the selection. But for all the hype, Okadaya has more kawaii fabrics in my opinion. But Tomato had more oil cloth. Yum. So here's what I gotClose up of the mushrooms and squirrel fabric.

I also found a cool store called Lemon. It's on the same street as Tomato. It has all sorts of kids clothes and youchien supplies like seat cushions, room shoes, etc. I wanted to look at their clothes, but G wasn't in the mood. I did find these awesome jelly crocs for G. I wasn't sure if the large size would fit M, so I didn't buy them for her. Big mistake. She's been whining ever since. I have to figure out a way to get back there, though it's a bit of a trek. There were some other stores that appeared to have a large selection of Engrish shirts. Cheap, too. Unfortunately, I've noticed that they don't carry American sizes. So if you're bigger than Jesse, you're out of luck.

Aah. Retail therapy. It's good to remember your purpose (bring a little Japan home with you).

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love those fabrics! Makes me want to sew them up into cute little purses or aprons or skirts! or quilts, hmmmm...so many possibilities. What are you going to do with them, you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do they produce such awesome stuff? its inspiring. very cute, of course

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome awesome fabrics! do they have those jellies in my size?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...