July 11, 2008

Sisters

As much as they drive me crazy with their individual issues (chewing on hair, whining, 20 minutes to put on shoes, etc), I'm very happy to have my girls. I'm grateful that they have each other now and for the future.

When Miriam came early in our marriage (nothing like celebrating your first anniversary and running home to nurse your 2 month old baby), I was a little sad that I missed out on having those honeymoon years. Hindsight being 20/20, we were incredibly lucky. Who knew that all babies don't come as easily? Not me.

We got our G three years later. And they are a pair. Their personalities are night and day, literally. G wakes up with a smile and M with a scowl. But they couldn't be better friends. M, being one of the nicest people I know, has patience, empathy, and kindness to make her the best big sister anyone could have. Even when G was little, M took great care of her. She never showed jealousy.

Little G adores her older sister. She may never realize how kind her sister is to her. But I hope she does.

And since it looks like these two might only have each other for awhile, I feel intense gratitude. Grateful that they are friends. Grateful that big sister takes her role so seriously. Grateful for my two girls.

2 comments:

  1. Bekah,

    I love this post. I feel the same way about my two girls.

    L, Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still get a thrill when I say "the girls"... So grateful for mine. Even more so after reading this sweet post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...