September 7, 2008

This week, still no pictures.

Here I am skipping the last two hours of church because of the worst cold in a very long time. So instead of sleeping (which I really tried to do), I'm catching up here. You'll be happy to know that I'm recumbent, therefore I am indeed resting.

So lets start with the second first day of first grade! Yay Mermaid! She loves her teacher, loves her school, gets ready and brushes her hair everyday. And she can't wait until I let her get the hot lunch every once in awhile.

I did have to drop my classes because the person who reclassifies residency was out of the office last week. I get to stalk her tomorrow. I mean talk to her. Hopefully, I can be reclassified so I can keep taking my classes.

Which I am enjoying immensely. My kids are great. They let me do homework and read while they play. There is an end to each assignment. It's not like laundry or housecleaning which NEVER END. I didn't get kicked off the online blackboard, so I've been able to do all my assignments and keep up, so it shouldn't be a big deal if I can add them this week.

I bought a new vacuum. I know that for most people this is not blog worthy, but for me it begins a new era. Mermaid and I have really bad allergies here, and I can't help but think it might be the dust in our carpets. I found a little vacuum that's perfect for our little house. It's purple, the color of choice around here, and it sucked up so much junk from my mattress, I was more than a little disturbed. I will probably be a vacuuming fool for the next few weeks.

And last. WE LOVE OUR HOUSE! I know that it's small, there's no washing machine or dish washer, but the layout is amazing. The kitchen is pretty spacious, the bathroom (though it needs to be re-caulked) is quite nice, the kids play in their room because there is room, our room fits our needs (sleep), and there is so much light. When we clean the house, it looks clean. Can you tell how much I hated our house in Japan? One more thing, we got rid of so much stuff when we left, the house doesn't feel stuffed to the brim. I like it.

4 comments:

  1. Aren't colds a good thing :)! Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for going back to school. what is your class about? glad mermaid likes school, eventhough it's not japan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't ever do school at home. I'm amazed G and M let you. They need to teach Enzo some "parents are in school you better cooperate" manners. I hope you can get in state so that you don't have to drop your class. It'll be sad if you have wait till next year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...