October 3, 2008

I heart my blender


I know it's not an incredibly inspiring picture, but this is our 4 speed vintage Osterizer blender. It was made before chrome made a comeback. I'm not sure how old it is, but it's definitely not new. (you can see our vintage toaster in the background. I keep it unplugged because I'm afraid it's going to start a fire)

But it is oh so powerful. This is smoothie making, oatmeal grinding, pesto magic in glass. My mom got it at a yard sale and gave it to me probably 5 years ago.

We've been making smoothies a lot here since it's been 90 degrees! (what's up with that?)

Here's my favorite recipe thus far:
6-8 cubes of ice
a couple scoops of OJ concentrate
Can of peaches
Trader Joe's mixed berries
handful or two of spinach
fistful of baby carrots
enough milk or soymilk to keep you from burning out.
Blend.
Yum.

3 comments:

  1. They don't make 'em like they used to!We inherited Ron's vitamix. We love it. It has started making some strange noises, however.
    I use my magic bullet for everything else. I'll have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a good mix. i do love smoothies. we'll have to invest in a better blender when we get back. ours is one of those new age ones that doesn't always do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. our blender will be back with us on Tuesday -- this post and your smoothie recipe make me very excited about that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...