May 31, 2009

I have a bit of a confession. I love primary. Even more shocking, I love teaching the Sunbeams. They are wild, unpredictable, hardly civilized balls of energy.

This week I found them absolutely hilarious. Some weeks I'm completely exhausted. Last week I taught the lesson was "I am thankful for my ears." I didn't quite know what to do, so I had them listen to Peter and the Wolf while they colored. Now they want Peter and the Wolf every week.

Today we were thankful for tastes and smells. We had popcorn, cookies, and lemon slices. Yum.

A few of my sunbeams are moving, and I am too. It's time to move on. Maybe they'll put us back in nursery. I love it almost as much as I love sunbeams.

2 comments:

  1. Sunbeams are my favorite too. I am not teaching them now but I am still in Primary and love it. Congratulations on the new adventure to Maine. We are in Washington now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I taught the Sunbeams when I lived in Hong Kong and loved it as well. I got a kick out of the lessons. I think the most memorable one for me was the "I am Thankful for Fish" and we got to use the fishing pole with the magnet on the end. The kids loved it so much I incorporated that fishing pole into just about every lesson thereafter. Sunbeams: Good Times for All.
    Good luck on your move to Maine. Teach Jesse how to use an ice scraper and a snow shovel and I'm sure you guys will do just fine.:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...