October 29, 2010

To You, Tutu

My Tutu's funeral is today.  I wish I could be there to celebrate her life.  Also, the party will be fantastic!  (Tutu always loves a good party, she'll just be sad she missed it.) 
I wish I could be there with my dad and brother.  Aunts, uncles, cousins.

Since I can't be there, I'll share Tutu with you.  Here are two recipes off the top of my head that Tutu taught me while I was in college.

Garlic Chicken
mince 1 head of garlic
mix with a lot of salt
rub mixture between the skin and flesh and in the cavity of a whole chicken
bake covered 350 about an hour or until it falls off the bone
the meat tastes great on sandwiches

Cheap Yakisoba
parboil 2-3 packages of ramen noodles
chop one or two chicken breasts into bite size pieces.  Stir fry
add
finely chopped yakisoba vegetables such as carrots, cabbage, mushrooms, onion
 add ramen noodles. 
add 1 or 2 of the spice packets for flavoring

1 comment:

  1. Bekah, I loved the birthday post just last month. My sympathy for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...